This is a continuing series of posts based on writings from the saints. From them, who have already walked this journey toward God, we can learn how we can better live our lives for Him. These are not meant to be any sort of exhaustive elucidations, but rather simple reflections as I read along too.
Current Book: Saint Augustine’s Confessions
- Confessions I.1: Restless Hearts
- Confessions I.2-4: Encountering Mystery
- Confessions I.5-6: Eudaimonia, Pears, and True Happiness
- Confessions I.7-12: Childhood
- Confessions I.13-15: Bad Grades and Prideful Students
- Special: Christmas with Augustine
- Confessions I.16: Moving with the Torrent
- Confessions I.17-18: How have you used your gifts?
- Confessions I.20-21: The Folly of Children
- Confessions II.1: The Importance of Reflection
- Confessions II.2-3: Cast Your Old Self
- Confessions II.3-4: Spring Cleaning and Attachment to Sin
- Confessions II: 6-10: Prayer, Work, and Cookies